Welcome to Lizzie's new website!
Welcome to Lizzie's new website! We've switched from Wix to Squarespace (which we'd highly recommend!), but it does mean that we haven't back-dated all our content yet... So please bear with us :)
For the moment, here's the rest (mainly archive) of Lizzie's diary..
- Debut/Russell-Cotes - Pop Up Recital (13:30) | Russell-Cotes Museum, Bournemouth in association with the Bournemouth Emerging Arts Fringe with Joel Williams, tenor and Jo Ramadan, piano | 6 May
- DID Deutsch Institut, Berlin supported by The Carne Trust | 4 week course
- Debut/Mark's Club - Italian Opera | Mark's Club, Mayfair with Katie Coventry, mezzo soprano and Ben Smith, tenor | 23 March 19:00
- Mavis in A King's Ransom, premier by Patrick Hawes | Into Opera & the Britten Sinfoniaat Open Norwich with 160 school children. Book tickets here. | 1,2 February
Soloist - An Evening with Stephen Barlow & Grange Park Opera | V&A Museum, London Masterclass | 5 February
NEWS | Appointed as a Concordia Foundation Artist | read about the Foundation
Debut/RCM - A Celebration of Valentine's Day | Concert at Guy's, St Thomas' Hospital supported by Breath Arts and Health Trust with David Fearn, tenor; Benedict Lewis-Smith, piano and Manu Brazo, saxophone | 14 February
Debut Treehouse - Classical Concert Series with a Twist | Shoreditch Treehouse Performers: Sofia Castillo, flute; Yaroslava Trofymchuk, cello; Lizzie Holmes, soprano; Katie Coventry, mezzo; Ben Smith, tenor; Yau Cheng, piano; Benedict Lewis-Smith, piano | 25 February 18:00 - 21:00
Guest Speaker - Career Talk | Frensham Heights School, Surrey for Years 10 and 11 | 28 February
Solo Lunchtime Recital | Concordia Foundation with pianist Benedict Lewis-Smith, Chelsea & Westminster Hospital | 4 January
- Guest Career Mentor | Royal College of Music's Creative Career's Centre | 10 January
NEWS | Planet Hugill's 4 Star review for La Bohème - "Lizzie Holmes’ Mimi is enchanting, her broad infectious smile and creamy soprano... making the final revelation all the more shocking. One of the most compelling and poignant ends to a Boheme I have witnessed." Read the full review here.
Debut/Mark's Club - Caviar, Vodka & Opera Gala | Mark's Club, Mayfair with Joel Williams, tenor & Julien Van Mellaerts, baritone | 18 January
NEWS | BBC News - Look East feature on Into Opera's A King's Ransom including soundbites and interviews - watch the full feature here.
Debut Treehouse - Classical Concert Series with a Twist | Shoreditch Treehouse with SongSpiel (James Way, tenor, James Newby, baritone, Felicity Turner, mezzo soprano and Natalie Burch, piano) as well as Eirian Lewis, classical guitar, David Fearn, tenor, Paul McKenzie, piano & Caroline Daggett, mezzo soprano | 28 January
NEWS - 'Intimate, alternative, engaging' - Planet Hugill reviews Debut Treehouse Read the full review here.
- Mimi in La Bohème | King's Head Theatre at the Trafalgar Studios, West End | 6 week run
Musetta in La Bohème | King's Head Theatre at the Trafalgar Studios, West End | 6 week run
The Sunday Express' 4 Star review for La Bohème - "Sensitively portrayed, well-focused" Read the full review here.
15th - Interview & Performance - The Theatre Cafe, West End
20th - Christmas at the Treehouse - Debut
31st - Radio Interview - BBC Radio London on the Nikki Bedi show about La Boheme, with baritone Thomas Isherwood
- 18th - Lunchtime Concert - Song Haven
16th - Guest Speaker: The Musician as Entrepreneur - Royal College of Music
15th - Online Q&A for Global Entrepreneurship Week - Royal College of Music
9th - Recording Session at Classic FM - London Funeral Singers
- 19th - Soprano Soloist Opera Gala - The Grange Festival with Tom Primrose, piano & Julien Van Mellaerts, baritone
Despina Così fan tutte - Devon Opera
- 7th - Fragrance Launch, House of Fraser - Debut Opera
18th Interview with Frensham Heights School
Adina, cover L'elisir d'Amore - Woodhouse Opera
- 30th - Proms on the Roof - Kensington Roof Gardens Debut Opera in association with Royal College of Music
9th - Proms on the Roof - Kensington Roof Gardens Debut Opera in association with Royal College of Music
- 15th - Soprano Soloist Vivaldi's Gloria - Stanborough Park Church
June / July 2017
- Miss Wordsworth, cover Albert Herring - The Grange Festival with John Copley CBE, director & Steuart Bedford OBE, conductor
Festival Chorus Carmen - The Grange Festival Annabel Arden, director & Jean-Luc Tingaud, conductor
- 9th - Festival Chorus Verdi's Requiem - Grange Festival with the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra
- 9th - Guest Speaker Careers in the Performing Arts - Frensham Heights School
- 9th - Lunchtime Concert - St James's Church, Piccadilly Debut Opera supported by the Carne Trust
- 10th - Phantom of the Opera's 30 Anniversary Gala - Her Majesty's Theatr
September 2014 - September 2016
- Madame Giry, 1st cover (over 80 performances) The Phantom of the Opera - Her Majesty's Theatre West End debut
- 18th - West End Live, Trafalgar Square - The Phantom of the Opera
- 22nd - St George's Day Opera Gala - The Brewery with Tim Morgan, baritone
Easter Workshops - British Youth Opera with Elaine Kidd and David Gowland